Weddings held and registered in Fiji are legally recognised in Australia, New Zealand, the United States and the United Kingdom.
Couples will need to go to the registry office in person to apply for a Marriage License before coming to our resort for the ceremony. The District Office is open weekdays from 9am-3pm (excluding Public Holidays) and appointments last around 15 minutes. Offices are in Nadi, Suva, Lautoka and Sigatoka and the cost of application is FJD25.00.
DON'T FORGET TO PREPARE:
• Current passports
• Original or certified copies of birth certificates
• Written parental consent if either party is under 21
• Two witnesses must be present who are 21 or over
• Divorce papers (if applicable)
• Death certificate of former spouse (if applicable)
• Catholic weddings require a letter of Freedom sent 2-3 months in advance to the Fijian Priest along with Baptism Certificates
Also you must ensure that you:
• Sign a marriage license at the marriage registry prior to the marriage ceremony
• Provide the documents to the registrar at least two weeks before intended date of marriage
Once the actual wedding ceremony has taken place, your signed documents are sent in for processing, and an official Wedding Certificate will be mailed to you approximately 4 weeks later..